We all know that one of the most difficult aspects of the whole planning process involves creating a highly optimized and conflict-free schedule of thousands of course sections with ever changing facility resources and enrollment projections. Our powerful automatic scheduling algorithm achieves a superior success rate comparing to other popular scheduling systems on the market.
- Total integration – no need to export/import course data from academic planning
- Runs in batch mode – automatically creates highly optimized schedule for the whole institution with multiple campuses
- Automatic Day/Time Assignment – assigns the optimal and conflict-free day and time for course sections
- Automatic Room Assignment – automatically assigns the optimal size and type of rooms to course sections
- Intelligent Alternate Room Assignment – automatically assigns a room of alternate type to a course section if the desired type of room isn’t available
- Inter-Campus Travel Time Consideration – Necessary travel time is taken into consideration for teachers teaching on multiple campuses.
Conflict-free schedules can be interactively created or adjusted in a simple drag-and-drop interface. It includes the following features:
- easy-to-use graphical interface for interactive scheduling without creating conflicts
- a graphic-based display of all related entities’ existing schedules
- a powerful searching tool for available rooms with the right capacity and features
- automatic checking of institutional scheduling policies (such as lunch break, consecutive teaching hour limit, etc.)
- automatic checking to allow enough travel time between campuses
- real-time data communication with Banner and PeopleSoft
- multi-step undo capability